The demonstration goes on as scheduled and we haven’t gotten any notice from the police – Democracy Hub

by Mawuli
128 views

Source: newsthemegh.com

A group going by the name Democracy Hub plans to protest at the Jubilee House for three days, and they’ve said that the Ghana Police Service hasn’t given them any notice that they’re going to court to get the protest stopped.

Following the Ghana Police Service’s announcement that it had filed an application to stop the illegal activity, the group issued a statement including this information.

“Our attention has been drawn to a last-minute press statement released by the Ghana Police Service claiming that they have filed an application to prohibit the lawful exercise of our rights to demonstrate.”

“We wish to put it on record that the Ghana Police Service has not served us with any application, and we are unaware of what exactly the police application is about”, the group said.

According to the group, they have been in contact with the Police on a regular basis who have continued the ruse and led them to believe they would uphold the law and fulfill their duties under the Public Order Act.

The group also stated that it is extremely dissatisfied in the Police for upsetting the orderly and democratic mobilization for its planned Occupy “Julorbi House picket”. Therefore, the group has urged its members to ignore any statements made by the police.

“We invite the general public to disregard a statement which is riddled with misinformation. Our Picket will proceed as planned. We invite the general public to assemble at the 37 Trotro station from 6:30am tomorrow for onward march to the Julorbi House”, the statement emphasized.

In recent weeks, Democracy Hub has charged the administration with poor economic management and urged better aid for Ghanaians in need.

The protest takes place on the same day that the nation will mark Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Day.

The protest leaders convened a news conference on Tuesday, September 19, to brief their supporters on the precautions taken to ensure the protest would go off without a hitch.

They assured that all required logistical arrangements, like as beds, tents, and mosquito nets, had been made for protesters who would like to spend the three-day period sleeping at the Jubilee House.

The protest is anticipated to begin on September 21 and last until September 23, 2023.

Statement Below:

Powered By EmbedPress

Related Articles