Kurt Okraku, President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), has indicated that the Black Stars’ 2026 FIFA World Cup roster would be revealed on June 1.
After Ghana’s 2-0 loss to Mexico in an international friendly on Saturday, he made this statement.
Despite the defeat, Okraku said the game was a worthwhile exercise that fulfilled its primary goal of exposing up-and-coming talents and U-23 team members before to the Olympic qualifiers.
The GFA President stated on Facebook that the friendly gave players who don’t often play for the senior national team a crucial platform.
“Objective accomplished! This event has provided significant stage exposure for the majority of our U-23 players, who will soon assemble for the Olympic qualifiers, as well as other players who had limited playing time,” he said.
He continued by saying that the technical team also took use of the chance to thoroughly evaluate individuals who aren’t regulars in the Black Stars lineup.
Additionally, Okraku said, “it offers a substantial opportunity for us to evaluate players with whom we may be less acquainted, having perhaps only previously known them through reports.”
Source: newsthemegh.com