The GH¢5 million defamation action that actress Martha Ankomah filed against well-known Kumawood actor Kwadwo Nkansah, also known as Lil Win, has been delayed, and the Accra High Court has voiced frustration.
The court observed that Lil Win and his main attorney were not present at a hearing on April 14, 2025, even though both parties had previously promised to provide conditions of settlement by April 1.
Lil Win is accused of making defamatory remarks in reaction to Martha Ankomah’s public criticism of Kumawood film standards, which is the basis for the complaint. Ankomah is suing the actor for GH¢5 million in damages for his comments.
The court gave both sides time to wrap up settlement talks after Lil Win moved for an out-of-court agreement. But progress has stopped.
Nii Appiatu Plange, the plaintiff’s attorney, informed the court that he had delivered the defense the agreed-upon conditions of the settlement in mid-March but had not heard back.
“I sent the agreed terms to defendant’s lawyer for defendant to sign… But as I speak, I have not heard anything from Counsel,” Plange said.
In lieu of substantive counsel, Margret Adjei-Twum, Lil Win’s representative Jalila Sumaila, blamed the delay on the primary attorney’s poor health.
Assuring the court that the defendant had received the documents, she asked for an adjournment.
Judge Forson Agyapong Baah, who oversaw the case, was open about his disapproval.
“I honestly thought today we were going to adopt the terms of settlement. This dragging of feet in signing the terms is not good for anybody,” he said.
The court granted what it referred to as a last adjournment, rescheduling Lil Win’s signing of the settlement conditions until May 14, 2025.
Source: newsthemegh.com